Monday, November 16, 2009

A bit more..

here is a little more of the short story.. which actually isnt very short.. oh well..


“Tell me this,” whispered Max through clenched teeth. “Where. Am. I.”
“It depends.”
“Depends?!” echoed Max furiously. “What do you mean by that?!”
“Hmmn… well basically you are neither here…” began Hescireh.
“Or there…” finished Maryndock.
“That’s stupid,” commented Max.
“That’s logic,” answered both voices at once.
“What insane logic is that?!” barked Maxwell.
“Perhaps it would be best young Master Max,” started Maryndock. “for you to see for yourself?”
“Oho! Agreed! Agreed!” chirped in Hescireh.
Max stood up, planting his feet firmly on the ground. “Listen, I don’t know what you are, or where on Earth I am, but I need to get home now. My family is in danger. I saw them hanging from the tree tops! I need to get help now. They are dead. ”
Max’s face turned a deep shade of red. And out of the corner of his eye, a tear slipped out, and softly trickled down his long nose.
“It would be best for him to learn on his own I would think,” suggested Maryndock.
“Change of perspective? An unexpected-“
“Party?” questioned Maryndock.
“Ugh, no you fool,” scowled Hescireh. “An adventure, a journey… a tale of brave knight hood and loyalty and danger...”
“Are you listening to me at all?!” screamed Max. “I don’t know what is going on! But I need to get home now! Right now, I mean! Get me out of here! I need to leave, my family-“
“But of course old Hescireh!” Maryndock beamed. “Yes, yes, yes, I know precisely what needs to be done…”
“Shut up!” bellowed Max. “I hate you! I need to return home! What don’t you understand? Why won’t you listen to me? Hello?! Oho what in the name of Beelzebub is happening? I need answers immediately!”
Hescireh paused. “Oh never use the word immediately dear boy. It has far too many letters, you see. And more letters means more weight. How will poor Lardner carry it all?”
“You are mad!” shouted Max, right in Hescireh’s face. “I need to go home now!”
“Are you ready Maryndock?” asked Hescireh, completely ignoring the boy. “I believe tis time, tis time.”
“Oh alright then,” replied Maryndock woefully. “Actually, I was beginning to grow fond of the boy. In more of a love-hate type of way of course, for it grows often boring here only having you of all things to argue with…”
“Indeed, indeed. Alas, I myself was growing fond of him too. Although he makes me feel terribly cross, I will also be sad to see him go.”
“Well, let’s not waste any more time, shall we? Let us begin?”
“Agreed old chap,” said Hescireh. “Let’s begin…”
“No!” exclaimed Max. “You need to tell me what is going on, where I am, who or what in dear God’s name you are-“
“Sorry boy,” stated Hescireh. “But we can’t presently say much more then we have.”
“Indeed Master Maxwell,” noted Maryndock. “We hope you’ll understand all in good time.”
The Cat-Man smiled calmly at Max, who was feeling anything but calm.
“Best of luck dear boy,” said Hescireh. Then, he clapped his giant hands together once, and Max felt himself drift off into a deep, long expected sleep.

0 comments: