Wednesday, April 21, 2010

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins


Title: The Hunger Games
Author: Suzanne Collins
Pages: 374
Publisher: Scholastic, Inc.
Ages: 12+
My Rating: 10/10


Synopsis: Katniss is a 16-year-old girl living with her mother and younger sister in the poorest district of Panem, the remains of what used be the United States. Long ago the districts waged war on the Capitol and were defeated. As part of the surrender terms, each district agreed to send one boy and one girl to appear in an annual televised event called, "The Hunger Games." The terrain, rules, and level of audience participation may change but one thing is constant: kill or be killed. When Kat's sister is chosen by lottery, Kat steps up to go in her place.



My Thoughts:  Alright. So if you didn't already know, I am a huge scifi fanatic*. Like super huge scifi fan. So naturally, this book was straight up my alley. I loved the premise and the idea of the totally corrupt Capitol in charge of the remains of America, and how the Hunger Games originated and all this wicked dark creepy stuff... Lol. Katniss is such a fantastic character. As are all of the other suporting characters in this book. I should also mention that even if you aren't a big scifi junkie, this series is still worth your time. It's awesome. The sequel to The Hunger Games is Catching Fire, and the third book Mockingjay, is coming out soooon. The writing is beautiful. Suzanne Collins brings this dark and incredible story to life through her words. It's a brilliant series. Go read it.  

(Agh. New book of the week. This means I have to take down all my Hush, Hush fan stuff...Lol.)

*For my 14th birthday, I had a TARDIS cake. Does this tell you anything? Lol.

4 comments:

Ky said...

Great review! Couldn't agree more! :D

djaq said...

Thank you! :D

Audrey (holes In My brain) said...

loved this book, glad you did too :)

Liz @ Cleverly Inked said...

Did it taste good??The cake that is.