Saturday, April 17, 2010

In Which We Learn of Designers, Dead Guys, and Deviants

Last night, I picked up The DaVinci Code by Dan Brown,  which has been guility sitting on my shelf for a rather long time. Most of the "good books" in my house are in my room. Its like I'm hording them, unitentionally, or something like that. When my mom or dad finish a good book, it ends up in my book case.*
I am not complaining.
So last night I was going through my books, and I came across The DaVinci Code. As I said, it's been sitting there for a while, so I finally decided to read it.
Now I know that it is the second book, and I normally never read the sequel first, but I know the story of Angels and Demons... So I guess my question is, for those of you who have read the books, can a reader follow The DaVinci Code without reading the first book? Because I started it last night, and I'm pretty much addicted to it already. (Even though I'm not that far into it, I love the premise, and the whole bit with the dead guy at the Louvre...And the plot thickens..) But I don't want to go through with it if there are sections that I won't understand, having not read Angels and Demons first.  

And now for something completely different...

Gahh... I watched Project Runway last night OnDemand.**
-Possible Spoilers-
Wth. That's all I have to say. Heidi and Nina should listen to Micheal. They should have listend to Micheal, and put Jay through to Fashion Week. Ugh. I was ticked. I'm not denying that Mila isn't a good designer. She is***. But God, she can be obnoxious. And what was really weird, is her color palet. Or lack of, I should say. Her collection is basically 98.6% Black and White only, and when Tim visted her home it was all black and white too. Her dog is a dalmation. Whats up with this? I agree with what the judges said, about her very retro style... But how on Earth would she manage to put out 6 different collections a year. Can she even use color? Ughh. Anyways.
Seth Aaron all the way :-) .

Hey! Look what I learned to do.
Upload pictures from my phone... Woohoo.
This is a big step for me, because now I don't have to walk down stairs to the basement to use the scanner. Nope. I just click with my camera, upload to Photo Bucket , and viola!
I've been having a very lazy day. I think I left my room twice. Once to go to the bathroom, the other time to get a bagel from the kitchen. I've been sitting on my bed with my laptop, and sketchpad... Maybe I'll actually get around to uploading stuff to my Deviant Art account today.
 Below, is just an upload from my cell. I was too lazy to use the scanner, so the resolution is a bit fuzzy...

Photobucket


Alright. Well I'm off to enjoy more of vacation, adios.

-Chase
*Whenever I see books lying around the house, I move them to my room. I can be slightly OCD about books in that sense.
**FiOS On Demand, just another thing I'm unhealthily obsessed with. Lol.
***Why does it seem like her and Irina, from last season, would get along nicely?

3 comments:

Ky said...

You shouldn't have a problem reading the DaVinci code before Angels and Demons. Completely separate events that are no way interconnected. You're fine! Lolz. Great books though. :D And I adore the movies as well. tom hanks does not do Lanning justice AT ALL. haha.

And with Project Runway! OMG! I KNOW! I WAS SO PISSED! I loved Jay's stuff! His was at least fashion FORWARD! Unlike Mila! I think she is such a biotch. And I hate Emilio! Seth Aaron all the way girl!!! I still can't believe Tim was like "I want you to reconceptualize the whole thing". Seth better win! OR I shall be pissed off!

djaq said...

Ok I shall continue with DaVinci Code. Lol. Yeah my only possible issue is that currently, whenever langdon talks I always think "Tom Hanks Tom Hanks.." And your right, he didn't do the character justice at all. Ugh!

Jay was at least MODERN. As apposed to Mila who is trapped in some black and white twilight zone world. Ridiculous. I loved Jay. And I liked his model better than Mila's. I don't like Emilio's personality, but I loved that last dress he did before Bryant Park. It reminded me of the costumes in Alice in Wonderland. Lol. I just really didn't like the outfit he made during the design your own fabric challenge. I wanted Seth to win that one! Lol. But when they showed some of the pieces from Emilio's collection, they all seemed reallyyyy old. And ugly. Seth Aaron is amazing. <3. Hehe. I love his jackets! I think he is by far the most talented designer this season. He reminded me of Christian and Jeffrey...

Blueicegal ♥ said...

wow wow wow girls now i want to watch bludy project runaway so i can gush with! but nahhh lol im totally of track i havent watched it for ages, ohh and the drawing is cool, i wish i could draw damn talentless me urghh!