Wednesday, March 31, 2010

There's much more to life than...

...than hot, glittery, dead guys.

I think by now, most of the Twilight craze has died down a little. Ok, maybe not, especailly with the release of New Moon and such...
I think I should take this brief moment to point out that I can't stand Twilight. At all. I could go into a nice long rant about why I don't like it, but that might take way too long. And also, I know people who do like it, and they wouldn't appreciate it if I tore it apart on this blog*.
Alright. Enough of this.
So as you may or may not have already heard, Stephenie Meyer has her latest Twilight book to be released in June. "The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner." (Image in the right corner.) Well good for her, I say. Looks like someone knows how to make money in this economy. Jeez.
To be honest, I have had enough vampires to last a life time.
I went into Borders last week and was afraid I had instead walked into Hot Topic by mistake**
One friend of mine described it as: "Twilight threw up."
I think I have to agree.
What is happening to YA?

Some YA Books That Fans of the Twilight Saga May Enjoy
(I'm not doing this sarcastically. These are books I reccomend to people who read Twilight.)

A Great and Terrible Beauty by Libba Bray
-My rating: 9/1o
-Genere: Fantasy

Rebel Angels by Libba Bray (Sequel to AGATB)
-My Rating: 10/10
-Genere: Fantasy

The Sweet Far Thing by Libba Bray (Sequel to RA)
-My Rating: 9/10
-Genere: Fantasy

The Blood Confession by Alisa M. Libby
-My Rating: 10/10
-Genere: Fantasy/Historical Fiction.. sorta..
(Ok. So what I think I've decided to do is write up summeries of these different books, and a few others, just because these are awesome books. And my rating and the genere isn't 103% helpful... Lol. Ok. I think that's the plan.)
Happy April,
~chase

*Your welcome, Ami and Becka. Lol. jk!
**Nothing against Hot Topic at all. They have awesome tshirts. Lol.

0 comments: