Sunday, March 28, 2010

Coming Together, Slowly But Surely

I've been tinkering around with my blog layout, just because I don't really like the black thing that it was before. The blog was dark, and I guess my writing sort of reflected that in a strange way. Bleak and unfocused. Lol. Warming thoughts.
Oh, and I also have another blog now:

www.ilikecaves.blogspot.com


I like the selection of templates on www.thecutestblogontheblock.com . If you haven't been there yet, I recommend checking it out. Pretty spiffy stuff they have going on there. I don't think I'm going to keep this layout, but naboklish. Whatever works I guess. (:

So just because I haven't read anything recently (Other than the comic strip Pearls Before Swine, which I totally recommend if you love dry sarcasim, and dimwitted pigs.) I think I can't talk about books at the moment. Because I don't really have anything fresh on my mind now that I could write about...



I've had a pretty theatre-crazy weekend.
Last night, I saw the show Into the Woods by Stephen Sondheim (If I'm not mistaken.) at EPH. I think that the cast did an incredible job with the acting and with the music and singing (No surprise there.). My dad has been taking me to EPH to see the plays since I was, well, probably since I was a baby I guess. I love theatre and preforming. So naturally, I look forward to seeing the school play each year. (Mr. Manchester is awesome. He has really done a brilliant job with every show I've seen there.) I liked the fun quirky-ness of Into the Woods, but I think I have to say that it wasn't exactly the same as the other shows. I think the music was all great, (Sarah, we are going to miss your incredible talent next year. You are fantastic.) and the sets were awesome! But I think it might have been harder for the ensemble this year, as apposed to past years like when they preformed West Side Story or Beauty and the Beast. There wasn't much for the ensemble to do it seemed. All the leads were, well, alone in the woods. It wasn't like they were walking through a busy New York street, while tap dancing, show tune singing, gangs fought each other. (Courtney, however, was a pretty epic tree I have to say. Lol!) But I think other than that, the show was fantastic. These high schoolers are all wicked talented. I can't wait too see them again!

Seeing Into the Woods has also inspired me to buy a cow. Matt was hilarious as Jack. Haha.

So to the cast of ITW I just have to say, amazing job guys. You have really blown me away with your absolutly awesome and entertaining preformance. Great job to everyone!


There are giants in the sky,
~chase

0 comments: